Cocoa Nib Chocolate Muffins
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons Natural cocoa powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and 3/4 cup cocoa nibs in a mixing bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with a spatula, being careful not to over mix.
- Scoop into paper muffin cups, filling about half way up.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa nibs on top.
Bake for 20 minutes. Muffins should be dark, risen and springy.