- 2/3 cup flour, or Cut Cooking Gluten Free Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Dutched Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: 4 oz. Cococo couverture chocolate (your choice of white, milk, bittersweet or semisweet) for tempering and dipping the waffle cones edges…or we dare you...dip the entire cone!
- Heat waffle cone maker.
- Combine all ingredients in electric mixer except the optional Cococo Chocolate for tempering (you can make traditional waffle cones by simply not adding the cocoa powder).
- Mix well.
- Add approximately 2 tbsp of batter to waffle cone maker and cook to manufacturers instructions (approximately 2 minutes on medium/high heat).
- Immediately remove the cooked waffle cone and roll over cone mold. Let sit for a couple minutes to cool while you begin the cooking process of a making a new cone.
- Begin tempering* the Cococo Chocolate for dipping the edges of the formed waffle cones. If you’re going to dip or roll your cones in inclusions, let the chocolate sit for about 30 seconds once dipped in order to set, then roll the cone in the inclusions. Try coconut, nuts, sprinkles and “M&M’s” — the sky is the limit!
- Get scooping the ice cream, and then get licking!
Thanks to our friends Stacey and Meg at www.cutcooking.com
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device