October 27, 2022
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
These cheesecake bites are the perfect dessert. They serve single portions and are incredible for the holidays.
Our friends Stacey and Meg at Cut Cooking have created this Autumn-inspired single portion Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites recipe using our couverture white chocolate. This recipe requires tempering the white chocolate to get a nice hard white chocolate shell. Follow our instructions on how to temper chocolate.
For the Pumpkin Truffles:
- 1 brick cream cheese (250g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box gluten free ginger cookies (approximately 12 small cookies) crumbled
For the white chocolate coating:
- 454g bar White Couverture Chocolate
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped or whole depending on preference
- Using either an electric mixer or by hand, combine all “Pumpkin Truffle” ingredients. Ensure they’re well mixed.
- Form small balls, measuring about 1″ in diameter, and place on parchment lined tray to freeze.
- Freeze pumpkin balls over night until absolutely frozen. This will help ensure a smooth chocolate dipping process.
- Using a double boiler, temper chocolate at a temperature of 84°F (29°C). If needed, follow Cococo's specific chocolate tempering instructions .
- Keep the melted chocolate in a range of 87°F (30°C) and begin dipping pumpkin truffle balls using a wooden skewer.
- Using a few skewers, allow the skewers to set with the chocolate. After 2-3 minutes, gently twist the skewer and it will remove from the ball. Go ahead and reuse skewers. Continue the process of dipping pumpkin balls.
- Once all the truffle balls are covered, dip the tops in a very small amount of chocolate then roll in chopped pecans or place a whole pecan on top.
- Allow the chocolate to fully set and be thankful! You have a plateful of Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites to enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device