These cheesecake bites are the perfect dessert. They serve single portions and are incredible for the holidays.
Our friends Stacey and Meg at Cut Cooking have created this Autumn-inspired single portion Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites recipe using our couverture white chocolate. This recipe requires tempering the white chocolate to get a nice hard white chocolate shell. Follow our instructions on how to temper chocolate.
For the Pumpkin Truffles:
- 1 brick cream cheese (250g)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box gluten free ginger cookies (approximately 12 small cookies) crumbled
For the white chocolate coating:
- 454g bar White Couverture Chocolate
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped or whole depending on preference
- Using either an electric mixer or by hand, combine all “Pumpkin Truffle” ingredients. Ensure they’re well mixed.
- Form small balls, measuring about 1″ in diameter, and place on parchment lined tray to freeze.
- Freeze pumpkin balls over night until absolutely frozen. This will help ensure a smooth chocolate dipping process.
- Using a double boiler, temper chocolate at a temperature of 84°F (29°C). If needed, follow Cococo's specific chocolate tempering instructions .
- Keep the melted chocolate in a range of 87°F (30°C) and begin dipping pumpkin truffle balls using a wooden skewer.
- Using a few skewers, allow the skewers to set with the chocolate. After 2-3 minutes, gently twist the skewer and it will remove from the ball. Go ahead and reuse skewers. Continue the process of dipping pumpkin balls.
- Once all the truffle balls are covered, dip the tops in a very small amount of chocolate then roll in chopped pecans or place a whole pecan on top.
- Allow the chocolate to fully set and be thankful! You have a plateful of Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites to enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device