This pancake recipe combining the winning flavours of banana and dark chocolate will bring your breakfast or brunch to whole other level!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana (about 2 small bananas)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate drops, separated roughly in half (for a sweeter pancake, try white chocolate drops)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla. (You may need to add a few tablespoons extra of milk if you feel the batter is too thick)
- Fold in about half of the chocolate drops
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. You will know when the pan is hot enough for the pancake batter when a few drops of water dances on the surface of the pan.
- (note: you may need to spray the pan with non-stick spray)
- Pour batter onto pan, making about 3 inch rounds.
- Cook about two minutes or until tops are bubbly. Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Place your delicious pancakes on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chocolate drops, or spread our incredible Chocolate Hazelnut Spread on top and finish with a bit of icing sugar.