This pancake recipe combining the winning flavours of banana and dark chocolate will bring your breakfast or brunch to whole other level! Makes for a fun family breakfast.
1 1⁄2 cups flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1⁄4 cups milk
1⁄2 cup mashed banana (about 2 small bananas)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate drops, separated roughly in half (for a sweeter pancake, try adding milk chocolate drops)
Optional - maple syrup, your favourite peanut butter, or our Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, banana, egg and vanilla. (You may need to add a few tablespoons extra of milk if you feel the batter is too thick). Fold in about half of the chocolate drops.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. You will know when the pan is hot enough for the pancake batter when a few drops of water dances on the surface of the pan. Note: you may need to spray the pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter onto pan, making about 3 inch rounds.
- Cook about two minutes or until tops are bubbly. Flip pancake and cook for another minute or until golden.
- Place your delicious pancakes on individual plates and sprinkle with remaining chocolate drops. For a fun addition, drizzle with syrup and serve with your favourite peanut butter or our incredible Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device