This is an easy molten chocolatey brownie recipe — perfect for Mother's Day 🌸🌹💐 and especially excellent with vanilla ice cream.
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup natural cocoa powder or dutched cocoa powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/3 cups icing sugar
3/4 c melted butter (prefer unsalted, but salted is fine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160C)
- Lightly grease an 8” (20cm) square pan and line with parchment.
- Combine the butter and sugars and combine until smooth.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the flour and cocoa, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the brownie is set. The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the the touch – be careful!
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the pan before enjoying. Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Happy Mother's Day from Cococo Chocolatiers!