This is an easy molten chocolate brownie recipe and is especially excellent with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Natural cocoa powder or Dutched cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups icing sugar
- 3/4 c melted butter (prefer unsalted, but salted is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (or use either Semisweet chocolate drops or Bittersweet chocolate drops)
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160C)
- Lightly grease an 8” (20cm) square pan and line with parchment.
- Combine the butter and sugars and combine until smooth.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the flour and cocoa, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the brownie is set. The brownie is ready when the top feels set to the the touch – don't burn yourself!
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into squares and serving warm, or allow to cool completely in the pan before enjoying. Delicious with vanilla ice cream. Brownies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.