It's easy to imagine these haystack drop cookies are little bird nests when they're topped with colourful little egg candies! Thanks to our friends Stacy and Meg from Cut Cooking for this gluten-free recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free quick oats
- 11/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup candy chocolate eggs
- Parchment paper for cooling
- Combine both the gluten-free oats and coconut in large bowl.
- In saucepan on medium/low, add sugar, butter, milk and cocoa powder.
- Stir well and heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Add vanilla and boil for additional minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into oats and coconut mixture.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Using scoop or teaspoons, drop onto parchment paper to make “nests”.
- Add 2 or 3 candy chocolate eggs onto each nest.
- Let cool and set completely before serving.
Happy Easter from Cococo!
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device