February 05, 2023
Date Night Chocolate Fondue For Two
Fondue for you and your favourite person :)
200g (about a cup) semisweet couverture chocolate drops or morsels (or use half milk chocolate)
(*note: you can also use Christmas or Easter moulds, chopped up into small pieces)
For dipping, your choice of: cookies / strawberries / pineapple apple / banana / dried mango / oatmeal cookies / ladyfingers / pretzel sticks / marshmallows
Optional flavours to add to the melted chocolate:
Boozy fondue: 1tbsp of Baileys Irish cream, Amaretto, Kirsch, or Grand Marnier
Mexican Spice fondue: 1/4 tsp (or to taste) of cinnamon and ancho chili powder
Peppermint fondue: 1/2 tsp (or to taste) of peppermint oil
- Place chocolate drops or morsels in a microwave safe bowl. In 15 second increments, warm the chocolate in the microwave and stir thoroughly each time.
- It will not take long to completely melt couverture chocolate — do not overheat, otherwise your chocolate may burn.
- If you are adding flavours, add them to the melted chocolate and stir to completely combine.
- Transfer to a mug, a ramekin or small wide-lidded bowl.
- Dip your favourite fruits or biscuits into the delicious melted chocolate. And make sure to lick your fingers!
- Left over fondue (if there is any) can be reheated and enjoyed again.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device