"A light chocolate puff, filled with strawberry vanilla whipping cream; this is the perfect sweet bite. You’ll be surprised at how easy and quickly they come together!"
We've adapted the recipe slightly to use traditional ingredients but with links to Cut Cooking's own gluten-free flour blend (which we now sell!)
Ingredients for Chocolate Puffs:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup regular flour or Cut Cooking Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Ingredients for Strawberry Filling:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 box instant vanilla “Jello” pudding (102 g)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, minced
- powdered sugar for decorating
- melted chocolate (your choice of white, dark, milk, or Ruby) for drizzling or dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium saucepan on medium/low heat, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to boiling water/butter, stir with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Transfer dough into electric mixer with paddle attachment.
- Beat in one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then beat dough on high for 2 minutes.
- Use a piping bag and large tip, pipe dough into small “mounds” on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While cream puffs baking, combine Strawberry Filling ingredients into electric mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Once cream puffs removed, let FULLY cool.
- Begin filling cream puffs with strawberry cream. You can either use a long tip and fill from either the side or bottom of the cream puff; or slice them in half, and dollop the cream between like a sandwich.
- Optional – sift powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device