February 25, 2021
Chocolate Cream Puffs
Light chocolate cream puffs, filled with strawberry vanilla whipping cream.
Ingredients for Chocolate Puffs:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup regular flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
Ingredients for Strawberry Filling:
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 box instant vanilla “Jello” pudding (102 g)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, minced
- powdered sugar for decorating
- melted chocolate (your choice of white, dark, milk, or Ruby) for drizzling or dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In medium saucepan on medium/low heat, bring water and butter to a boil.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to boiling water/butter, stir with a spatula until a smooth ball of dough forms.
- Transfer dough into electric mixer with paddle attachment.
- Beat in one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then beat dough on high for 2 minutes.
- Use a piping bag and large tip, pipe dough into small “mounds” on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F, then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While cream puffs baking, combine Strawberry Filling ingredients into electric mixing bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Once cream puffs removed, let FULLY cool.
- Begin filling cream puffs with strawberry cream. You can either use a long tip and fill from either the side or bottom of the cream puff; or slice them in half, and dollop the cream between like a sandwich.
- Optional – sift powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate.
Recipe courtesy CutCooking.com
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device