November 10, 2020
Our friends Stacey and Meg at Cut Cooking created a super fudgy vegan comfort dessert that everyone can enjoy — it's gluten free, egg free, dairy free, and packed with protein!
"From personal experience, we recognize there’s nothing better when you discover a recipe that fits within your food ‘parameters’...food restrictions or not, we promise everyone will love these brownies."
We've adapted the recipe slightly to use traditional ingredients but with a link to Cut Cooking's own gluten-free flour mix recipe.
- 1 can (15oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and the husks removed
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cococo dutched cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup flour or gluten-free Cut Flour Blend
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup Cococo bittersweet chocolate drops
- 1/4 cup Cococo bittersweet chocolate drops for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In either a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except the chocolate drops.
- Transfer batter from blender/food processor into greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate drops into brownie batter.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and then sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate drops on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device