- 1 large frozen banana, sliced into small pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Cococo Dutched cocoa powder (to taste)
- 6 oz 0% fat Greek yogurt (or 2%, flavoured or unflavored)
- 3/4 cup skim milk (or your favourite kind of nondairy or dairy milk)
- 1 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (your choice of brand and texture)
- Use a strong, powerful blender that will properly blend the frozen banana.
- Put all of the ingredients into the blender, in the order listed above, and blend on high until thick and smooth. Start with only 2 tbsp of cocoa powder, blend, and then add 1 more for a stronger cocoa taste.
- At regular intervals, you may need to stop blending and scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Optional - drizzle glass with 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup and enjoy! Serves one.
- If you prefer a less sweet smoothie, you can leave out the honey.
- Add more peanut butter for a stronger peanut butter taste.
- Add more milk (or non-dairy liquid) to make the smoothie thinner.
- Add 1 cup of your favourite greens for added nutrition.