Celebrate Canada Day with these easy-to-make White Chocolate Blondies with Maple Sauce 🇨🇦
FOR THE BLONDIES
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. white chocolate - try chopping 2 x 56g bars of white couverture chocolate
- 1/2 c. roughly chopped walnuts (optional)
FOR THE MAPLE SAUCE
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. pure maple syrup
1 c. granulated sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9-x-9” pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in syrup and vanilla then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix on low until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts, then press dough into pan.
- Bake until golden, about 30-35 minutes (check batter for doneness using a toothpick). Let cool to room temperature before slicing into squares.
Meanwhile, make the Maple Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Reduce heat to low and add sugar, maple syrup, cream cheese, vanilla and salt.
- Cook stirring occasionally, until the cream cheese has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Serve blondies with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of Maple Sauce.