This recipe works with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate too. It's magic to see the chocolate hardening right before your eyes!
- 4 ounces chopped couverture chocolate (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup) - you can use semisweet, bittersweet, milk, white, or ruby!
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil (you can also use vegetable oil if you're not crazy about the flavour of coconut in your chocolate)
- Place chopped couverture and the coconut oil in the top portion of a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl set over barely boiling water. Heat the chocolate and the coconut oil slowly until melted and smooth, stirring often. Alternatively, melt in the microwave at 15-second increments, stirring well, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 10-15 minutes before using on ice cream. If mixture thickens, microwave for 10 seconds or return to the double boiler for 10-15 seconds, stirring well.
- Pour the chocolate magic shell over ice cream or dip ice cream cones (ice cream side down, of course!) — if you’d like, decorate with freeze-dried raspberries, sprinkles, nuts, coconut pieces, etc., before the the shell hardens.
- Store unused chocolate magic shell in a sealed container on the counter for up to 1 week. Before using, stir well.