Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy these chocolate-dipped pistachio and pumpkin biscotti, courtesy of Stacey and Meg at Cut Cooking
"This recipe is a traditional gingerbread dough that’s baked slightly crisp on the outside and then the tiniest bit soft in the centre to create a heavenly biscotti!"
- 2 1/2 cups flour or gluten-free Cut Cooking Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice or gluten-free Cut Cooking Fall Spice Blend
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tbsp icing sugar for “dusting” on top
- 6oz semisweet Cococo couverture chocolate
- Pistachios, chopped into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine all ingredients (except icing sugar and chocolate) into electric mixer and stir well.
- Divide dough into 2 halves.
- Using your hands form each dough half as a “loaf” on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dust icing sugar over each loaf using a sieve.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Slice loaves into approximately 3/4”– 1” pieces thick.
- Flip each slice on its flat side and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake again at 350°F for 10 min.
- Let biscotti fully cool.
- While biscotti is cooling, finely chop pistachios.
- Temper the semisweet chocolate at temperature of 90°F / 32.2°C.
- Working quickly, dip biscotti in tempered chocolate and roll in pistachios.
- Placed dipped biscotti back on the parchment to let chocolate and pistachios set.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device