If the skies are smoky from the forest fires and you don’t want / can’t start up the campfire, then our S’mores Dip will do the trick!
Couverture is best for this recipe because it melts so easily and makes for a creamier dip. You’ll want to save this recipe for later because you can use it year 'round.
- About 1-1/2 cups couverture milk chocolate (or a mix of milk and dark) pieces:
- 1 bag (250g) couverture milk chocolate drops
- chop up 5 of our 56g solid milk chocolate bars
- chop up our couverture milk chocolate baking bar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- Graham crackers or cookies to dip
- Cast iron skillet or other oven-save pan
- Place 8-inch cast iron skillet in oven on centre rack.
- Preheat oven to 450°F with skillet inside. Once oven is preheated, remove hot skillet from the oven (use oven mitts!)
- Melt butter in the skillet stir to coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Arrange chocolate in an even layer on the bottom of the skillet. The radiant heat from the pan will melt the chocolate (this is why couverture is so great for this recipe).
- Arrange the marshmallows on top of the chocolate, completely covering them.
- Bake at 450F for 5-7 minutes until marshmallows are browned - check frequently so they don’t burn!
- Let rest 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with graham crackers for dipping.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device