Almonds and toasted coconut toffee blanketed with layer of smooth, salted chocolate — divine! This recipe is easy to make and gifts gourmet. The perfect option for holidays or just because!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Drops
- Spread coconut on baking pan. On LOW broil, broil for approximately 2-3 minutes to toast coconut. Coconut will turn a golden color when finished. Be very careful not to burn. Coconut burns easily!!
- Finely chop almonds using a knife.
- Combine coconut and almonds and spread a thin even layer on parchment lined baking tray.
- On low heat, melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and whisk well to dissolve.
- Continue to heat on low until candy mixture reaches ‘hard crack’ temperature (295°F / 146°C). This will take approximately 15-20 minutes. Have patience and check often using an instant read thermometer or a traditional candy thermometer. Just ensure that the thermometer never rests on the bottom of the pan.
- Once candy reaches hard crack temperatures, add almond extract and stir.
- Pour toffee over almonds and coconut on baking tray.
- Sprinkle the chocolate drops over the toffee and almonds. Within a minute or two, they’ll be melting. Carefully spread over toffee using a spatula.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Happy days are here when you have Almond Rocca!
Recipe Courtesy of Stacy and Meg at Cut Cooking.
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device