Stacey and Meg at Cut Cooking keep making amazing treats with our chocolate — this week, it's buttery and crunchy Almond Rocca!
"Almonds and toasted coconut toffeee blanketed with layer of smooth, salted chocolate, this treat is absolutely divine. This recipe is easy to make and gifts gourmet. The perfect option for holidays or just because!"
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 3/4 cup Milk Chocolate Drops
- Spread coconut on baking pan. On LOW broil, broil for approximately 2-3 minutes to toast coconut. Coconut will turn a golden color when finished. Be very careful not to burn. Coconut burns easily!!
- Finely chop almonds using a knife.
- Combine coconut and almonds and spread a thin even layer on parchment lined baking tray.
- On low heat, melt butter in saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and whisk well to dissolve.
- Continue to heat on low until candy mixture reaches ‘hard crack’ temperature (295°F / 146°C). This will take approximately 15-20 minutes. Have patience and check often using an instant read thermometer or a traditional candy thermometer. Just ensure that the thermometer never rests on the bottom of the pan.
- Once candy reaches hard crack temperatures, add almond extract and stir.
- Pour toffee over almonds and coconut on baking tray.
- Sprinkle the chocolate drops over the toffee and almonds. Within a minute or two, they’ll be melting. Carefully spread over toffee using a spatula.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Happy days are here when you have Almond Rocca!
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device