- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp strong coffee (prepared)
- 225g chopped dark chocolate (about 1 cup) - you can use semisweet or bittersweet (or use already perfectly-sized chocolate drops!)
- 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream, chilled
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in coffee over medium heat. Set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler over hot (but not simmering) water, melt the chocolate, stirring constantly, until smooth. When completely melted, whisk in the 4 tbsp of whipping cream and the coffee-sugar mixture. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate mixture into the bowl of egg whites. Then, pour this entire mixture back into the original chocolate mixture, folding gently.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 1/2c chilled whipping cream to soft peaks. Fold in gently to the chocolate mixture until totally mixed.
- Pour mousse into a large serving bowl, or 8 individual dessert glasses. Chill for 4 hours before serving. Delicious garnished with mint leaves and fresh raspberries!
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device