No tempering necessary — dip your ice cream in crunchy, crackly Ruby!
Added bonus – this recipe works with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or white chocolate too!
- 4 ounces chopped Ruby (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Place chopped Ruby and the coconut oil in the top portion of a double boiler or a heat-proof bowl set over barely boiling water. Heat Ruby and the coconut oil slowly until melted and smooth, stirring often. Alternatively, melt in the microwave at 15-second increments, stirring well, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 10-15 minutes before using on ice cream. If mixture thickens, microwave for 10 seconds or return to the double boiler for 10-15 seconds, stirring well.
- Pour Ruby Crackle over ice cream or dip ice cream cones (ice cream side down, of course!) — if you’d like, decorate with freeze-dried raspberries, sprinkles, nuts, coconut pieces, etc., before the Ruby Crackle hardens.
- Store unused Ruby Crackle Magic Shell in a sealed container in the fridge. Before using, warm in the microwave microwave at 15 second increments, stirring well. Use within 2 days.