This recipe comes to us courtesy of one of our favourite customers, Denise DiSanto, who is well known for the delicious white chocolate scones she makes in her own kitchen. Thank you for sharing, DD!
Note from DD: For variation, other dried fruit and nuts may be substituted for the apricots and ginger. But don’t skip the chocolate!
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 oz (3/4 c) white chocolate, cut into ½ Inch chunks or smaller
- 1 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut the butter into ½ inch cubes and, using a pastry blender, cut into the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg, cream, and vanilla.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and knead until combined.
- Knead in the white chocolate, apricots, and ginger.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch diameter on baking stone or sheet.
- Cut the circle into 8 wedges* using a serrated knife.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 15 – 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Recut wedges if necessary and serve warm, or cool completely before storing.
* Scones may also be cut into shapes using a cookie cutter before baking.
Do you have a great chocolate recipe you want to share with the Cococo community? Please send it to us at CustomerService@CococoInc.com