Our friends at Cut Cooking developed an easy, savoury, gluten-free Mole sauce recipe using our couverture chocolate.
"Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce used in Mexican cuisine. It usually requires many ingredients and is a labor of love to create. We LOVE Mole but not the process involved to make this incredible sauce. So in true CUT style, we set out to make a comparable Mole that was accessible and still authentic to every chef. We succeeded and are excited to share our recipe with you all!"
Read Cut Cooking's full post here.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup gluten free BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken stock
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark or milk couverture chocolate (equivalent to one 56g chocolate bar — we prefer dark chocolate but a mix of dark and milk is good too. You can also use our chocolate drops or couverture bars.)
- Extra chocolate to eat — of course
- Combine olive oil and garlic in saucepan and sauté on medium heat.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate and stir well.
- Time to test the chocolate. Eat 2 squares of chocolate or a handful of chocolate bits :)
- Turn heat to low and add chocolate. Whisk well to ensure chocolate doesn’t burn and mixes completely.
- Once chocolate is melted, sauce is ready to add to your planned dish. If too thick, add a very small amount of olive oil to thin if necessary.
- Delicious with chicken in your favourite Mexican recipes, or on flat bread (pictured).
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device