Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce used in Mexican cuisine. This version is an easy, savoury, gluten-free Mole sauce recipe using our couverture chocolate.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup gluten-free BBQ sauce (use your favourite regular sauce if you are not eating gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free chicken stock (use your favourite brand if you are not eating gluten-free)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dark or milk couverture chocolate (equivalent to one 56g chocolate bar — we prefer dark chocolate but a mix of dark and milk is good too. You can also use our chocolate drops or couverture bars.)
- Extra chocolate to nibble while you cook (of course)
- Combine olive oil and garlic in saucepan and sauté on medium heat.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate and stir well.
- Turn heat to low and add chocolate. Whisk well to ensure chocolate doesn’t burn and mixes completely.
- Once chocolate is melted, sauce is ready to add to your planned dish. If too thick, add a very small amount of olive oil to thin if necessary.
- Delicious with chicken in your favourite Mexican recipes, or on flat bread (pictured).
Recipe courtesy CutCooking.com
Download this recipe as a pdf
simply print the pdf from your desktop or mobile device