With a cinnamon cookie base, Cococo white chocolate, whipping cream and traditional pumpkin spice flavour, this dessert might replace your family’s Pumpkin Pie!
Whipped White Chocolate Topping
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 oz (about 1/2 cup) white couverture chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup regular flour or Cut Cooking Gluten Free Flour Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz. (about 1/2 cup) couverture white chocolate, finely chopped or white chocolate drops
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F
Prepare Whipped White Chocolate Topping:
• In small sauce pan on low heat, warm whipping cream to lukewarm.
Be careful not to over heat.
• Add 4 oz. chopped Cococo White Chocolate to saucepan. Using a whisk, stir continuously. Fully melt 4oz. white chocolate and incorporate the whipping cream.
• Remove from heat and place in fridge to cool.
Prepare Cookie Base:
• Using electric mixer, whip butter. Add sugar and continue to mix. Add egg and vanilla and stir.
• Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well to form dough.
• Transfer to a lightly greased 8” X 8” pan and press evenly to create cookie base.
• Chop additional 4 oz. white chocolate and sprinkle over cookie base. Take care to cover evenly and all areas.
Prepare Pumpkin Custard Filling:
• Using electric mixer, combine all ingredients.
• Mix on medium high for 1 minute. Pour pumpkin custard over white chocolate / cookie base.
• Bake in oven for 35 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cool.
• Remove white chocolate whipping cream from fridge and pour into mixing bowl.
• Using electric mixer on medium to medium/high speed, whip white chocolate topping. Whip for at least 35 minutes. We promise, let it go. It’ll look chunky and a bit like the cream has curdled…but suddenly it will combine and you’ll have a lovely whipped topping! Tip: cover bowl with a tea towel if you find the cream splashing a bit during whipping.
• Spread whipped white chocolate topping over cooled pumpkin custard/cookie base.
- Serving and storage: store covered in fridge for up to 3 days
Thanks to www.CutCooking.com